Saturday, February 8, 2014

Londonlicious 2014: Winter Edition

Hi everyone!

I went out for Londonlicious with my best friend, Kate on Thursday for the third time in a row. We, also, went to see Akira at the Digital Film Festival and it was quite interesting. I can see how it is an anime classic. Enough about that, let's get back to the food! The whole premise of Londonlicious is to try the upper scale restaurants in London, Ontario. There is a set menu that you can choose an appetizer, entree, and dessert of your choice for either $25, $30, or $35 (depending on the original pricing of the restaurant). I have gone to this for the three years; once in the winter and once in the summer as it happens twice a year. I have always been impressed with the meals that I have had and would recommend to try it at least once.

This year I went to Crave which was in the $30 tier. I had a Caesar salad, top sirloin and sauteed shrimp, and caramel and Bailey's creme brule. The Caesar salad was good as most Caesar salad go. It was a smaller portion which I liked because I don't like having too big of an appetizer salad. The top sirloin and sauteed shrimp were pretty delicious. I was a little turned off because I normally eat my steak medium-well to well done and I was advised to have this done medium. But this is merely my personal preference. The stand out of that meal was DEFINITELY the mashed potatoes. Holy shit, were they good! They were the pureed kind and had some type of seasoning in them but I can't figure out what it was. The real star of the entire meal was the creme brule. I had never had it before and I was pleasantly surprised! It was smooth and not too sweet which, for me, can make or break a dessert (I'm not one to have a sweet tooth). Overall, I'd say that dinner was delicious. Service was a little slow but our waiter made sure our drinks were refilled and that our food was to our liking.













If you're hankering for some fancy-ish type cuisine, definitely give Crave a shot! (www.craverestaurant.ca) I peeped the regular menu and it is quite pricey (entrees averaged around $30). If you want to treat yourself and splurge or just wait until the summer edition of Londonlicious happens.


Hope you all liked my first non-beauty/fashion related post! 

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment